One day, your teenage daughter decides that she wants to redecorate her room. She probably doesn’t like the idea of having a princess theme anymore. Teenagers usually want to express themselves through the theme of their bedroom. They want to show their personalities through paint colors, room decorations, or the furniture pieces of their choice.
As parents, you can help your daughter by telling her your experiences in designing your own bedroom. You can also assist her by finding ideas for a fresh design that do not require spending a lot of money. It doesn’t matter what design that your teenage daughter wants. Today, bedroom design ideas can be found easily on the internet. Here are some tips for choosing the ideal design for your daughter’s bedroom:
1. Firstly, you need to have a discussion with your daughter. Don’t say “no” immediately when she comes up with some strange design ideas. Let her creativity flourish and the results might just astonish you. If you need references about bedroom design ideas, you can browse the internet or read home interior magazines.
2. List down the things that she wants to have in her bedroom. She might want to have a classic lamp, chandelier, unique book shelves, and more. After that, divide her room into several areas that will serve different functions. You can set up an area for studying and another for relaxing.
3. When buying new furniture pieces, make sure that you buy ones that you can afford. Explain to your daughter about the budget that you prepare and the importance of not overspending.
4. There are some tricks that you can do in order to save on your budget. Instead of buying new furniture, you can repaint them with other colors. Lighter colors will create a fresh atmosphere in your daughter’s bedroom.
5. Add some storage units in her bedroom. You can put cabinets or shelves to help her keep things organized and make her room look tidy.
6. Most teenagers love to hang posters in their room. Give your daughter a bulletin board for her to hang her posters on. That way, you won’t have to worry about walls being ruined by cellophane tape or tacks.
7. Last but not least, add some accessories to make the room look perfect. If she has won some competitions, it is a good idea to display the trophies or medals in her room.
Designing your daughter’s room is actually an easy task to do. With some creativity and fresh ideas, you can make exciting changes to her room.